We’re constantly driven to grow, innovate and discover new ways to support our employees, and we go to great lengths to create challenging, rewarding career paths for individuals with a wide variety of professional skills, interests, and experience. If you’re ready to work in a positive, engaging environment that promotes both your personal and professional well-being, we look forward to hearing from you.
A career at The Fedeli Group means you’ll work with other talented people in an environment that is innovative and team focused.
Your individual and team contributions will be recognized, and your passion for quality rewarded.
Employee Benefits – Benefit Analyst
Benefits Department – Benefit Analyst
The Benefit Analyst is responsible for day to day client interaction and customer service activities. The Benefit Analyst supports the Client Advisor as a collaborate effort to develop and execute the annual renewal activities for the employee benefits, including health insurance, ancillary insurance, regulations, and develops relationships through service, technical expertise and personal interaction. The Benefit Analyst is responsible for the updating and maintaining the client and policy information.
- Assist in gathering client data for annual marketing process.
- Assist with preparation of booklets, handouts, draft proposals and power point presentations.
- Assist Client Advisor with meeting preparation, meeting notes and agendas.
- Assist with carrier changes, renewal summary paperwork, updating management system as instructed by the Client Advisor.
- Work directly with client to provide timely proactive customer service with claim and service issues, ensuring resolution, and communication to client.
- Influence superior customer service delivery by developing and maintaining carrier relationships.
- Establish and maintain strong, working relationships with clients to create a trusted relationship.
- Collaborate with team for approach on gaining information for the Stewardship report.
- Invoicing clients for Consulting fees and Compliance Dashboard.
- Involved with the team to gather data for Situational Assessment.
- Work with the Client Advisor to review contracts for carriers changes.
- Update and maintain client information and policy data in Epic as required.
- Maintains strong knowledge of health benefit industry knowledge, PPACA expertise, areas of compliance as well as client’s industry trends.
In addition to the above requirements, one or more of the following specialty skills is highly desirable:
- Prior work experience as an HR Generalist or other Human Resources related position
- Advanced understanding of FMLA, ADA, State Laws and other Employment regulations
- Experience in HRIS technology
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, visions, life, 401(k), STD, LTD and various voluntary benefits
- A challenging, rewarding environment
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Fedeli Group.
If there are not any current positions which match your interests, please feel free to submit your information here. We will keep it on file for one year and will let you know if any openings are available that match your skills. Thank you.